The show must go on…
Millgate Arts Centre and Saddleworth Players take the well-being of our audience and cast and crew very seriously. We want to ensure that once we open we stay open. If one of the cast or crew catches COVID in the run we would have to cancel a show. We don’t want to disappoint our audience and want them to feel safe to come back into the theatre.
What we’ve done at Millgate Arts Centre
To protect our audiences and performers, we have carried out a Covid risk analysis and followed the latest government scientific advice. Measures we have put in place include:
- Regular testing for cast and crew, confirming their COVID status.
- Invested in improved ventilation in auditorium, bar and changing rooms
- Deep cleaning of the entire building before reopening to the public
- A programme of cleaning between all performances, particularly in toilets, bar and auditorium seats
- Provision of hand sanitiser stations
- Invested in contactless payment
- Retrained our front of house team.
How you can help everyone feel safe?
Before your visit
- Confirm your Covid-19 Status and please check you have no COVID symptoms.
- Arrive in plenty of time- we are opening 60 minutes before the show starts to ensure there will be less queuing and allow more distancing.
- Bring a face covering if required
When in the theatre
- Be aware of other people around you
- Face masks are not mandatory in public places but please feel free to wear masks in the theatre.
- Pre order drinks for the interval before the show to reduce queuing at bar
- Hand Hygiene – use the hand sanitisers we have in place
- Contactless payment where possible
- Two exits in use, please be aware of people around you
- If you have any questions please ask the front of house team.
We will, of course, keep these measures under review if government scientific advice changes
Check your COVID status
Although there will be no formal COVID certification system in place in relation to your particular performance, for the comfort and reassurance of all our audiences we kindly request that all audience members over the age of 11 years take a COVID lateral flow test 48 hours before of their visit to the theatre.
This request does not apply to guests who have chosen to obtain a Domestic COVID-PASS from the NHS App or website (or national and international equivalents) which demonstrates double vaccination plus 14 days or natural immunity. Please bring your negative test result or COVID-PASS to the theatre with you as we may ask to see it on arrival.
The NHS COVID Pass lets you share your Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination records or test COVID-19 status in a secure way. Full details about the NHS COVID Pass can be found on the government website.
How we’ve invested in ventilation
Over the last couple of months, advice has focused more on the importance of ventilation for reducing air-borne transmission. To address this, we have invested significantly in the following measures:
- Upgrade to the auditorium heating so that much more fresh air is taken into the system
- Modifications to the windows in the bar to allow a greater airflow through all of them
- Installation of an air extract system in the Green Room for the benefit of our performers
How we’ve invested in Hygiene
Over the last few months we have redecorated and deep cleaned most of the theatre and have a regular cleaning regime ( with new cleaners Danielle) after each show.
- New entrance foyer.
- Green room and changing rooms
- Back stage